Completing a SAP assessment can be a tricky business. For starters you need information on all of this:
- U-values for walls, floors and roofs
- Thermal Mass Parameter
- Window U-values and g-values
- Y Values
- Pressure test results
- The efficiency of heating systems, including boilers, heat pumps, etc.
- Solar PV or other renewable technologies
- Fan power and ventilation heat exchanger efficiency
If you’re sitting there thinking you lost me at Thermal Mass Parameter, you wouldn’t be the only one. However, all of the above data should be entered as accurately as possible into SAP calculation software to prove that your new build project meets energy requirements.
To make things more complicated, your dwelling emission rate (DER) must emit lower CO2 than the target emissions rate (TER).
What you might not know is that once a SAP Calculation is submitted, if you change your materials you could risk non-compliance and your build may not achieve final sign off from an inspector. You also need to give yourself plenty of time as a SAP Calculation usually takes a week to complete.
Don’t have the time? We get it, and that’s where the experts from Build Aviator come to the rescue. They provide a SAP Assessment service that will do the tricky calculations for you! This includes calculations like dwelling CO2 emissions (DER), predicted energy costs and thermal bridging details. They’ll score your project between 1 and 100, the higher the number, the more energy efficient your build is. Once they’ve completed their assessment, you’ll receive an on-site support pack which includes:
- SAP summary report including a product listing
- U-value calculations
- Associated Registered Construction Details with material selection information
- An on-site checklist
- Air tightness testing notes and advice
- Acoustic testing notes and recommendations
- Sign-off inspection sheets
- Useful contacts
Sounds pretty good, right? Check them out and get your SAP Report sorted, ASAP!
Head to https://www.buildaviator.co.uk/ or drop into your local Jewson branch for more information.