Picture this – you’ve bagged a new job on site and just confirmed your start date. This is the most exciting thing that’s happened to you since the England football team made it through the group stages in the tournament that’s now a distant memory.
There’s just one last thing to think about – what should you wear for your first day? We’ve teamed up with our friends at Scruffs to help you stay safe, comfy and, most importantly, stylish on site.
First things first, the shirt. Site work is tough and you’ll definitely work up a sweat. Go for something lightweight and quick drying, like this, so you can stay comfortable all day long.
Next, the trousers. Now believe us when we say that knee pads are an absolute must when you’re working on site. By picking a pair of trousers with knee pad inserts, you can avoid putting unnecessary pressure on your joints and save yourself a few aches and pains.
British weather is about as reliable as Liverpool’s Loris Karius was in this year’s Champions League final, and we’re all used to taking a jacket everywhere we go, even when it’s 30 degrees and sunny. Same goes when you’re on site, but you’ll be ready for whatever the weather throws at you with this softshell jacket.
Walking the walk
When it comes to shoes, you need a pair that are practical and functional, so pick up a pair of sturdy boots. These have slip-resistant soles and comply with all the relevant regulations on personal protective equipment (PPE).
It’s also worth investing in some socks with extra cushioning, to keep those blisters at bay.
Once you’ve covered the bases, you can get the accessories that take your on site style to the next level.
This ruck sack is an absolute must for keeping all your gear close to hand, like your knee pads, your high vis and your safety glasses. Then, when you’re done for the day, swap your hard hat for a baseball cap and head on home.
Jewson and Scruffs are giving you the chance to win this first-day-on-site look. If you’re starting a new job in construction soon, simply tell us what you’re most looking forward to and you’ll be entered into our free prize draw!
Click here to take part.
Jewson Scruffs ‘Get the Look’ giveaway – July/August 2018
Terms & Conditions:
1. The promotion runs from 31/07/2018 until 24/08/2018 (“Closing Date”) (the “Promotion Period”). The promotion is
open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Jewson Limited (or any other company within the Saint-Gobain group).
2. Only comments submitted on the corresponding Facebook post will be considered and entered into the prize draw, in which respondents are in with a chance of winning a selection of products from workwear provider, Scruffs.
3. The prize draw will take place after 9:00hrs on 28/08/2018.
4. The winner(s) will be selected at random from all proper entries received by the Closing Date by an independent adjudicator whose decision shall be final. The winner will be notified by Facebook within 5 working days (Monday to Friday) the prize draw taking place. It is a condition of entry that the winner(s) cooperate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
5. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative is available. Accepting of the award may give rise to a tax liability which will be the recipients’ responsibility.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this promotion without prior notice in the event that unforeseen circumstances make this unavoidable. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and correspondence will be entered into. An entrant’s personal data will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of administering this Promotion.
9. Jewson has the right to amend or cancel this promotion at any time. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail: Promoter: Jewson Limited, Registered Office: Saint-Gobain House, Binley, Business Park, Coventry, CV3 2TT (Company Number: 348407).