According to a recent survey by Towergate Insurance, more than a quarter of people in the UK (28 per cent) are using YouTube for DIY tutorials. Of these YouTubers, more than one in five (22 per cent) end up calling in the experts to fix the disaster – with each of these jobs reportedly costing the DIYer £5,000 to repair.
We’ve searched high and low for the best (or worst) DIY disasters and here are some of our favourites.
1) Let’s hope there’s not a blockage!
2) Hover car anyone?
3) That’s one way to cut down on washing up!
4) Nailed it!
5) Well, that will stop the leak.
6) If in doubt, duct tape!
7) The cheap and easy wet room…
8) There are no words for this one…
9) See? It totally matches.